IMPORTANT – all half day tours
- Transfer from/to Reykjavik is included for tours 2a-3c. We pick up from hotels, guesthouses and BSI bus station.
- Pick-up in Reykjavik is between 8:00 and 8:30. Please be ready at 8:00.
For tours 2a & 2b pick up is also between 13:00 and 13:20.
- Pick up in Hafnarfjörður, Mosfellsbær and Kópavogur starts at 7:45.
- Arrival in Reykjavik at ca. 13:00. For tour 2a & 2b arrival in Reykjavik also ca. 17:15.
- Meeting time at our farm Vellir at 9:00, for tour 2a & 2b also at 14:00, you find directions here.
- All half day tours (excpet for tour 3b) are for everyone. We select horses according to riding skills and would like to give everyone the chance to try the special gait of the Icelandic horse, “tölt”. Every rider is responsible for evaluating the own riding ability and physical condition. If you are not sure, please contact Eldhestar for booking.
- Time on horseback 1-3 hours, starting with riding in the paddock.
Each tour starts with a short, practical riding introduction.
- Eldhestar provides helmets and rain gear. During the winter also winter overalls, rubber boots, woolen socks and gloves.
- The minimum age for most half day tours is 7 years. The minimum age for tour 1a is 5 years and for tour 3b 12 years.
- Meals and services as described in the itineraries are included.
- English speaking guides. On request also Scandinavian or German speaking guides.
- The riding tours are subject to weather conditions and may be changed.