Eldhestars Longer Tours include 5-7 days on horseback in some of the most beautiful parts of Iceland: The area of the famous “Golden Circle” route with the southern highlands, the amazing Snæfellsnes peninsula and the picturesque landscape around the majestic volcano Hekla. Participants experience riding with a herd of free running horses, like Icelanders travelled in the old days, and get the chance to try between 10 and 15 different horses, which develops riding skills.
- All Longer Tours (13, 14 and 15) start with pick up from BSI bus terminal in Reykjavik at 17:30-18:00. We pick up from hotels and guesthouses on request.
Transportation from / to Keflavík airport is not included.
- Longer Tours include 5-7 days on horseback with daily riding distances of 20-45 km, demanding good physical condition. We ride a lot “tölt”, the special, comfortable gait of the Icelandic horse. Every rider is responsible for evaluating the own riding ability and physical condition. If you are not sure, please contact Eldhestar for booking.
- Accommodation before and after the tour is in 2-4 bed rooms with shared facilities in guesthouses. Accommodation during the tour is in farms, guesthouses and simple mountain huts in sleeping bag.
- Included in the price are all services described in the itineraries, riding equipment (helmet and rain gear), accommodation and full board except for dinner on the last evening (last riding day). Special meals are possible on request. Luggage will be carried in a trailer.
- The riding routes are subject to weather conditions and can be changed.