A two-day tour in the area around Eldhestar. You stay at our hotel or guesthouse… more →
Duration 2 days and 2 nights
Riding 2 days – 38 km
Hotel accommodation (Tour 7H)
Guesthouse accommodation (Tour 7G)
Departure from Reykjavik every day at 17.30.
Available all year round – see winter program!
Shorter tours (2-5 days) are ideal for guests who would like to combine horseback riding with other activities during their vacation in Iceland. Participants experience a selection of the most beautiful places in Iceland, for example the national park Thingvellir, the beautiful, hidden valley Thórsmörk, and the area around the volcano Hengill, with amazing valleys and hot springs.
- Please contact us for booking.
- All tours start with pick up from BSI bus terminal between 17:30 and 18:00.
Pickup from hotels and guesthouses is available on request.
- These tours are suited for riders of all levels. Participants must be in good physical condition as we cover distances of 18-25 km per day and ride a lot of “tölt”, the special gait of the Icelandic horse (about trot speed) and must be able to mount a horse with little assistance (no mounting aid such as block or rock can be provided). Every rider is responsible for evaluating the own riding ability and physical condition. If you are not sure, please contact Eldhestar for booking.
- Dinner on the last evening (last riding day) is not included.
- The riding routes are subject to weather conditions and can be changed.
- You find information about what to bring here.
- You find the price list here.