Enjoy an active day in amazing Icelandic nature! The program starts at our farm Vellir with a riding … more→
Riding 1.5 – 2 hours Hiking 2-2.5 hours & bathing
All year round
! Currently Closed !
IMPORTANT – ALL DAY TOURS
- Transfer from/to Reykjavik is included. We pick up from hotels, most guesthouses and BSI bus station (not from Airbnb and private addresses).
- Pick-up in Reykjavik is between 8:00 and 8:30. Please be ready at 8:00. Pick up in Hafnarfjörður, Mosfellsbær, Kópavogur and Seltjarnanres starts at 7:45.
- Arrival in Reykjavik is at ca. 17:15.
- Meeting time at our farm Vellir at 9:00, you find directions here.
- Day tours 5a – 6a are for riders of all levels, tour 6b for experienced riders only. Day tours on horseback require good physical condition as we cover 17-24 km per day and ride mainly a lot of tölt (about trot speed). Participants must be able to mount a horse with little assistance. Every rider is responsible for evaluating the own riding ability and physical condition. If you are not sure, please contact Eldhestar for booking.
- Duration 5-6 hours with riding, activities as per tour description and stops, starting with riding in the paddock. Each tour starts with a short, practical riding introduction.
- All day tours include a lunch box or light lunch (lunch box: sandwich, cookies, water, light lunch soup, bread etc). Special meals are available on request. During the winter season we stop for lunch and to warm up at Hotel Eldhestar, riding two half day tours.
- Eldhestar provides helmets and rain wear. During the winter season also warm overalls. Please dress according to weather. On rainy days and in the winter season we recommend to bring extra clothes (socks, gloves, hat…) in case you get wet in the morning. You find more information about what to bring here.
- The minimum age for tours 5a – 5d is 8 years. The minimum age for tour 6a is 10 years, children 14 years and younger are required to have riding skills. The minimum age for tour 6b is 12 years.
- English speaking guides. On request also Scandinavian or German speaking guides.
- Meals and services as described in the itineraries are included.
- Riding tours are subject to weather conditions and may be changed.
- Riding and activities on you own risk.