Good news from Eldhestar
Iceland’s handling of Covid-19 started early and has been effective.
In early April, our experts here said Covid-19 was approaching its peak. They initially expected this peak between 10 and 15 April, but it actually came on 8 April.
This suggests that the most difficult period will be over in the second half of May. Iceland’s ban on large gatherings has been extended to 4 May. We are eagerly waiting to see what will happen then.
We are aware that all our tours in May will not take place. We have postponed them all.
We are committed to meeting our customers’ wishes halfway.
Eldhestar’s March Newsletter shows this. We have changed our conditions on cancellations. More importantly, we make rebooking easy for you. Everyone who has already booked a trip with Eldhestar this spring or summer can delay cancelling their trip until two weeks before departure at no cost if travel bans have not been lifted.
Of course, if you have booked these tours, you can rebook them later in the summer at no charge from Eldhestar. We will also assist you in finding another date and/or another trip if you experience travel obstacles.
We believe that the best remedy for the stress of Covid-19, the danger the world is facing, is scheduling a getaway to experience something different. A riding tour in Iceland’s beautiful nature with unique horses, will surely capture your mind. You will be very much in the present. This is what Iceland can offer, and we at Eldhestar offer you this with great pleasure and joy.
Stay inspired. Re-book – it’s easy!
The following tours and departure dates will not take place:
1) Tour 9G/H – Around the Volcano – departures: 16th and 23rd of May.
2) Tour 8F – Eldhestar Exclusive – departure: 20th of May.
3) Tour 8C – Best of Eldhestar – departure: 28th of May.
4) Tour 10 – Þórsmörk – departure: 27th of May.
We have the following dates open for those who really want to come later this summer:
1) Tour 9G/H – Around the Volcano – departures: 23rd of August and 1st and 8th of September.
2) Tour 8F – Eldhestar Exclusive – departures: 28th of July and 10th of August.
3) Tour 8C – Best of Eldhestar – departures: All departures from 21st of July.
4) Tour 10 – Þórsmörk – departures: 29th of August and 5th of September.
Our Newsletter in early May will present information on our riding tours in June.
Until then, we hope you and your family stay healthy and safe.